Welcome to tvBETA

Hello, if you happen to be one of the founders of FTABeta, please use your old login details; if you're visiting us for the first time, please register! and contribute!

Register Now!

Hd Channels

Discussion in 'NFPS Issues' started by R-tick, Feb 15, 2017.

1. R-tick

R-tick New Member

Hi Guys,I have a Viewsat Max HD using an XFTA dongle that I resurrected.I rescanned using the tps according to lyngsat.I am able to get some SD Channels but I can not get any HD channels ,only audio in some of them and choppily ,comes and goes.Like I said I have'n't used IKS in a while.Is that normal now? No more HD? or is this as before, ECM on Tuesdays?.I looked for the info in forum but I couldn't find it.Thank you for any reply on it.

2. Marmaduke

Marmaduke New Member

HD is mostly gone. Look into c-band satellite (big dish) or get a sub.

3. R-tick

R-tick New Member

Thanks for the reply Marmaduke.I used to have one of those until Wilma(the hurricane) knocked it down a little over 10 years ago.I used to have Video Cipher not the new Digicipher 2.I will look it up. I only see a few channels ,about 10 ,not enough to pay over a 100 bucks a month on a sub.Ludicrous.

4. Marmaduke

Marmaduke New Member

Well worth the effort to get your bud back up. A lot of freebies (FTA). Also, if you go the hack route, about 500 powervu channels are open and supported by most receivers. Digicipher 2 is also cracked and just a matter of time before firmware updates make our receivers work with this encryption. I remeber the good ol days of testing video cipher too. Now everything is digital. Cheers!

5. fortworth76135

fortworth76135 New Member

Hi Marmaduke.

I still have my 10 foot big ugly dish with all of its parts. Was using it until about September , 2016 when the last of the supporters of C band quit do to the high cost of conversion to all DIGITAL system. I have had a big dish setup since the 1980s or thereabouts.

I still use it for 99 degrees West - <and other satellites> - as that satellite has about 15 channels that I can view.

I would be interested in how one would receive the "Powervu" channels and also the "Digicipher 2" channels. I googled for the information - but - nothing of a program or where to get the information was provided. Can you provide further information?

I apologize if this is in the wrong section - I realize that this thread started out as a "HD" question, perhaps one of the mods can decide where it should go.

6. budman

budman New Member

Powervu has been hacked for several years now and pretty much all the channels are wide open. You can find the powervu keys for the various transponders at sat-universe.com and all you need a dvb-s2 sat receiver that will run oscam and play the channels. The old analog receivers are pretty much useless now.

As for Digicipher 2, it has also been hacked by a guy named Chris Gerlinsky. Google his name and you will come across a presentation he did on reverse engineering digicipher 2. All that is needed now are the digicipher master keys from cloned receivers. I'm guessing people will try to dump their old 4dtv motorola boxes for these master keys or hack headend commercial gear.

With over 2000 pay-tv channels encrypted with powervu or digicipher 2, C band is once again KING!

7. pitufo1

pitufo1 New Member

yo budman do you get U.S. programming with a big "bud" ?

8. budman

budman New Member

Of course! Majority of C band programming is American. Americans invented C band back in the 1970s.

Have a look at lyngsat. Every channel you see fta, powervu or digicipher can be received with a bud. Dish and DTV get all their programming from C band.

You won't regret getting into C band. You will have access to thousands of HD channels, all master broadcasts without any compression and tons of wild feeds. PPV boxing matches, UFC, wrestling, NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL is all fed via C band and mostly fta.

Just get yourself an 8ft or 10ft dish and you will be set!

9. rockisdead

rockisdead Member

Mo
    More details please,which satellite are you talking about and what kind of channels can get with?

Thanks in advance.

10. budman

budman New Member

You need to research "C Band Satellite TV". All the info you need is out there.

If you are a beginner, here are the basics:

1. You need either an 8 foot or 10 foot dish to get started. You can purchase either a solid or mesh dish. They both work equally well.

2. You will need to motorize your dish with something called an "actuator" because the channels are spread out on many satellites. You will also need a controller/positioner to command the dish to move to different satellites. Some of you know that Dish broadcasts from 129 w, 119 w and 110 w. Well, with C band satellite, there are signals coming from 139 w, 135 w, 133 w, 131 w, 127 w, 125 w, 123 w, 121 w, 117 w, 113 w, 111 w, 107 w, 105 w, 103 w, 101 w, 99 w, 97 w, 95 w, 91 w, 89 w, 87 w, 83 w, 78 w, 58 w, 55 w, 47 w, 43 w, 40 w. Well those are the main ones and there are actually quite a few more with ethnic programming and other stuff probably not of interest to us.

3. You need a DVB-S2 HD receiver to watch these channels. Some channels are free, while others are encrypted with PowerVu or Digicipher. PowerVu has been cracked for a long time and most receivers can now pick up these channels if you enter the latest keys. For a list of channels available, go to lyngsat.com and review the satellites mentioned above. If it says "fta" or "powervu", then you can watch!

4. Digicipher 2 is the other main encryption used in C Band and it too has been hacked. However, the hack is being kept private and hasn't been released to the public yet. Once it is released, then you will just enter the keys into your receiver like you do for PowerVu.

5. The forum sat-universe.com publishes the Powevu keys, but there are others too. Just do a google search.

6. Dishnetwork and Directv and all the cable companies receive their programming from the satellites already mentioned and simply compress and encrypt the signals and re-broadcast them from 129 w (or wherever) for a monthly fee. Now, for the first time ever, you can cut these middle-men out by buying your own equipment and watching for free!

The best part of C band reception is the fact that you have access to the master signals coming directly from the programmers. These are basically "cinema quality" signals and are best enjoyed on a 70" TV. If you compare the same channel from C band and Dishnetwork, side-by-side, you will be blown away. You will also realize that you have been conned all this time with piss-poor television quality that you were paying for through the nose.

Finally, many C band channels are FTA and you don't require any piracy equipment. This is useful to know if you don't want to pirate or want to setup a system for someone who doesn't want to be bothered with entering keys and such. In fact, I don't condone piracy and only mention it because people will conduct google searches and find out about it. There are probably upwards of a 100 good quality english speaking channels available as FTA on C band and most sports feeds and such are FTA too. For example, this past weekend, Wrestlemania was FTA!

11. rockisdead

rockisdead Member

Thanks so much for the details, it looks like really hard to get, I saw the neighbor has one of this dish, was wondering what is that for, now I knew it.

12. essther

essther New Member

I finally found some mesh replacement to fix some hail storm damaged panels on a 25 yr old bud. Actuator was seized so I replaced that too. My gsky receiver came the other day but my analog receiver and controller was dead, so I can only watch galaxy 14 (125 W). I can confirm that CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, A&E, History, SyFy, USA, Bravo, AMC, TCM, Sundance and many others in HD are working on this bird alone. Who would have thought this was possible after all these years???

Long live the bud!

13. rockisdead

rockisdead Member

Can you show your dish setup for this bird?Thanks in advance.

14. essther

essther New Member

My setup is as follows:

10 foot Clearview Mesh Dish (from 1988)
    30 inch Superjack Actuator (just bought it for $120)
    Titanium ASC1 Dish mover (on the way and paid $179)
    Cheap C band lnb (made in china for $25)
    Gsky 7 HD receiver (ordered that from china for $49)

I don't remember what I paid for the Clearview dish, but it was well over $1000 back in 89 or 90. Prices have come down though. I was going to pay $499 for a new 10 foot mesh dish I saw online, but I found some perforated mesh here in town and just repaired my old dish.

When the ASC1 gets here, I will start moving the dish around. Today I pushed it by hand to galaxy 13 (127 w) and found some more channels like bbc, reelz, hallmark, wwe, playboy, nfl sunday ticket, nasa and a bunch more that I forgot. WWE is way cool!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  15. essther

essther New Member

If people want get into c band they need to look around for a dish. Something like 5 million were sold in the 80s, but when scrambling came along, people started to abandon them and give them away for free. If you do find one, you will have to change out the LNA/LNB at the focus. That is old electronics (almost as old as me!) and won't work now that everything is digital. Old analog receivers and even the 4dtv one won't work either. You need to get a modern digital receiver that plays mpeg4 like the gsky 7 HD.

Look around guys. For under $700, I think you can get everything you need to get going.

16. rockisdead

rockisdead Member

What about sonicview 8000 HD or nFusion HD?

17. cband veteran

cband veteran New Member

The best receivers for testing c band are those that run off 'Enigma 2' because the c band hack is freeware/opensource on these units. I would advise people to invest in a dream box. Either the dm800se for viewing HD programming only or dm900uhd for 4K. The dream box is the only Enigma 2 based receiver that I know of that works stand alone without stream relay. Other Enigma 2 based receivers like Vu+, require a PC networked to the receiver to decode scrambled channels by way of stream relay. Obviously, this is a bit tedious.

Closed source receivers like the sonicview 8000 HD or nFusion HD would require the programmers to release firmware that can descramble c band, but I doubt those programmers are still active and willing to do this. Some manufacturers like technomate, gsky, openbox, golden and others have done this, but their solutions are closed source and you will be at their mercy for future updates.

At any rate, c band is a viable solution for watching freeze-free tv if you can manage to install and maintain a big dish!

18. budman

budman New Member

Dreambox 900 4k works fine for me.