Welcome to tvBETA

Hello, if you happen to be one of the founders of FTABeta, please use your old login details; if you're visiting us for the first time, please register! and contribute!

Register Now!

New life for the Mega TVi using IPTV!

Discussion in 'MEGA TVi SHD3000 HD' started by PayPerView, Mar 17, 2017.

1. PayPerView

PayPerView Member

Now that Rocket is offering their IPTV service in an M3U playlist format I have successfully added the Rocket IPTV service to the Mega TVi and have tested it; it works. Yeah! Now if IKS is down you can use IPTV on the Mega TVi as an alternative or as a primary....your choice.

P.S.
    There is no guide using IPTV M3U playlists.

2. indo_can

indo_can New Member

Thanks for sharing this update! A couple of questions about Rocket service:

- Does the M3U playlist have international channels - Indian/Hindi, Cricket etc?
    - How much does it cost?

Thanks again.

3. PayPerView

PayPerView Member

I can't answer about specific programming such as Cricket, but as for international channels there are literal butt tons. I guess Indian and Hindi are the same but yes, there are a lot of Indian channels. I would imagine Cricket is on some of them. I only speak English so I delete all the international channels off my M3U playlist except for a few of the English speaking Canadian and British channels.

The Video On Demand (VOD) programming is also available with the M3U playlist but they are only available in English and Spanish with an extreme few in French, Chinese, and Indian (and I mean and extreme few).

The current price for Rocket is $85.00 per year. This gets you IKS and IPTV.

4. indo_can

indo_can New Member

OK PPV thanks for the responses. Does the Rocket IKS include Indian channels on Charlie 118? If so, are they up for you at the moment?

5. PayPerView

PayPerView Member

Again, I can't answer much about international channels because I delete them from my M3U play list and from my satellite line up. There are a lot of Indian channels on 118, but whether they come in or not I can't answer. Since 118 is nothing but international channels I never scanned that satellite.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  6. indo_can

indo_can New Member

OK PPV understood. Thanks again.

7. surgeman

surgeman Member

Good post...but my main question is which list are you pulling to get the full channel list?I only get a partial list on any of the m3u list I have tried.

8. PayPerView

PayPerView Member

When downloading the list from Papiao use the one that says "Generic M3U".

The Mega is very limited in it memory so.......You will need to tweek the list; it's a huge list. Editing the list must be done on the computer using notepad. I deleted all the international channels, and sports channels from my list since I don't care about them. I also went through the list and cut out all the channels I will never watch to shorten the list further. Once I got the list down to a level the Mega could handle I loaded the list.

I have experimented with multiple lists which seems to work fine. If you want ALL the channels including VOD then take the main m3u list and split it up into a bunch of little lists and put them on the usb memory stick. Plug the stick into the Mega and leave it pluged in. Load the list that contains the channels you want and if you want channels in another list just load that list and so forth.

9. surgeman

surgeman Member

Thanks...I did figure it out after playing with it a few times.I started doing the same and cutting it down to the channels I mostly wanted and axed the rest.Thanks for the reply on it.